“Our congregation’s first weekend at the convent was a turn-around moment in the life of our church. The intentional prayer life, comfortable silence, and kind attentiveness of the Sisters served as a model for our own community of how to go beyond doing things together and simply ‘being’ together. We look forward to making it an annual event!”Pastor
We have three meeting rooms that can accommodate guests:
- the Conference Room: up to 50 people
- St. Margaret’s Chapel: up to 18 people
- St. Peter: up to 12 people
We also have a number of sitting rooms that double as breakout rooms, and a number of interview rooms for spiritual direction and pastoral conversations.
Groups that meet at the Convent may provide their own leadership, or may request a Sister to lead a retreat, workshop, or quiet day.
The kinds of groups we host include:
- Parish and congregational retreats
- Parish and diocesan committees
- Staff days
- Study groups
- Prayer circles
- Youth groups or confirmation classes
- Diocesan and national church meetings, as space allows
Groups are required to have liability insurance coverage. The Guest House team can give you details.
Contact the Guest House administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about hosting your group at St. John’s Convent and Guest House.