All are welcome to visit the Convent, share in our worship, participate in Guest House programs. Many find the Convent a sacred space, offering peace and guidance in an atmosphere of transformative stillness.
All our facilities are wheelchair accessible, and we make every effort to accommodate any special needs our guests may have. We welcome women and men from all spiritual traditions and those with no religious affiliation.
“As I walk through the doors of the Convent, it is like coming home. That sense of comfort and connectedness never ceases to amaze me. I treasure the silence, am nourished by the worship and rest in the Spirit, which is so obviously present.”Guest
Many people long for a day (or a few days!) away from the stress of life in our over-crowded, over-noisy, and over-busy culture. Come and enjoy some sacred time apart, alone, with a friend or a group.
The Food for the Soul booklet describes all upcoming retreats.
Rest, Renew, Reflect
In an increasingly noisy and hectic world, St. John’s Convent Guest House is a quiet place apart, where people from all over Canada and beyond come to pray, meditate and find spiritual nurture. We can help you reconnect with yourself, with others and with God in a variety of ways:
- Informal personal retreats
- Formal retreats with spiritual direction
- Group retreats
- Quiet days or Quiet Garden days
- Spirituality workshops
- A labyrinth for walking meditation
- Participation in the Sisters’ daily chapel services
- Tours of the convent and presentations on Anglican religious life
- Reading and devotional materials
- Safe overnight accommodation
- Comfortable, well-equipped meeting rooms
- Individualized sabbatical programs
Throughout the year, the Sisterhood offers a program of retreats and quiet days covering a variety of themes. For our schedule of upcoming conducted retreats and quiet days, see the Events calendar, download the brochure or contact the Guest House for more information.