St. John’s House is a community of Sisters committed to being a praying presence in the Diocese of British Columbia – the Diocese of Islands and Inlets. Prayer, intentional community, hospitality, and mission are at the heart of our life in the Diocese and beyond.
The ministry of the Sisters at St. John’s House includes:
- Intercessory prayer for the Diocese, and visiting and praying with congregations throughout the Diocese
- Leading retreats, quiet days and workshops, and preaching
- Providing spiritual direction
- Teaching about and witnessing to the religious life and discernment of vocations
- Participating on committees and leadership teams and as resource persons for diocesan and parish events
- Involvement in some local outreach work and street ministry,
- Offering opportunities for Associates, Oblates, members of other religious communities, and friends to share in our life, prayer, and ministry
St. John’s House, BC also provides support to Associates and Oblates in Western Canada.
The Sisters extend a warm welcome to individuals and groups to come and share with them in their life and prayer. There are regular services of morning and evening prayer, Eucharist and compline in our chapel. Please call ahead for service times.
St. John’s House, Victoria, BC
3937 St. Peter’s Rd.
Victoria, BC V8P 2J9