Inspired by the Quiet Garden Trust in England, these are days to relax, renew, and rest in the beauty of God’s outdoors, as well as to enjoy the Sisters’ chapel and library. In case of rain, there is plenty of space indoors to wander, sit, dream, and pray.
We begin with a brief time of prayer; then a Sister will offer suggestions on how to use the day. The rest of the morning is yours. The Eucharist is celebrated at noon, followed by dinner, and the afternoon is again free, with a brief gathering at 3:30 pm when you will have the option of sharing the fruits of the day followed by a closing time of prayer.
- Saturday, June 20, 2020 [Please note: the June 20 Quiet Garden is cancelled: due to Covid-19 pandemic the Convent is closed to non-essential traffic and retreats cancelled until the end of June]
- Saturday, July 11, 2020
- Saturday, August 8, 2020
- Saturday, September 12, 2020
- Begins 9:30 am with a gathering for coffee; ends 4:00 pm.
- Fee $25 if you bring a bag lunch.
- A hot meal is an additional $18.
- Registration deadline: one week prior to event.
All retreats and quiet days at St. John’s Convent take place in the milieu of a contemporary monastic community which has a daily rhythm of prayer. All guests are invited to take part in the daily Eucharist, and those staying overnight may like to join us in the Divine Office (Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, and Compline).
St John’s Convent Guest House
233 Cummer Avenue
Phone 416-226-2201 ext 305