A RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM FOR WOMEN AT A CROSSROADS
IN CAREER, STUDY, or LIFESTYLE
July 3–26, 2020
Women at a Crossroads
This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.” – Jeremiah 6.16
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
For women who are intentionally committed to seeking God’s guidance in living out their baptismal call: –
- in business or professional careers,
- in homemaking,
- in lay careers in the church,
- in volunteer work,
- in missions at home & abroad,
- in ordained ministry,
- in monastic life,
- or in the many other ways in which we may serve God.
Goals of the Program
The program assists women to discern where God may be calling them, through:
- Sharing the life of a Christian community committed to a balanced life of prayer, service, study, rest and recreation.
- Engaging in classes and discussions about Christian life and vocation.
- Receiving personal guidance in deepening their prayer life.
There is no charge for room and board, but participants contribute to the life of the community by sharing in the Sisters’ work.
A tax deductible donation may be made to the Sisterhood but is not required.
To benefit most fully from the program, participants need to commit to staying the full time.
- Vocation and Discernment
- Contemplative Prayer
- Journaling and Awareness Reflection
- Prayer and Art
- Prayer Walking and Labyrinth
- Anglican Rosary
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
A person who wishes to apply should be:
- a practising Christian of any denomination;
- actively committed to discerning God’s will in her life;
- willing to give herself to a challenging schedule;
- able and willing to contribute to effective group processes;
- in good physical, mental and emotional health.
WHAT DOES A DAY LOOK LIKE?
- Individual quiet time
- Morning prayer together
- Class time
- Personal time (resting, walking, reading)
- Some manual work
- Study time
- Meeting with your mentor
- Evening Prayer together
- Supper Dishes and clean-up
- Compline (night prayer)
- Quiet time
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORM, CONTACT:
St. John’s Convent
233 Cummer Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M2M 2E8
Phone: 416-226-2201, Ext. 301
- Deadline for all application material: April 1, 2020.
- In choosing participants, we strive for a balance of background and experience necessary for effective group interaction and community building.
- Applicants will be notified by April 15, 2020 If they have been accepted.
- See Crossroads brochure here
- NOTE: There will be no Women at a Crossroads program in the summer of 2019. The next program is scheduled (as above) for July 3–26, 2020.
See article “Women at a Crossroads Program” by Jane Christmas – here » [published on the CAROA website (Conference of Anglican Religious Orders in the Americas) – A shorter version appeared in Vol.138 No. 10 December 2012 of Anglican Journal, the national newspaper of the Anglican Church of Canada].