Thank you! ... how grateful we are and how much we rely on your support: your friendship, your prayers and your financial support - see here »
There are many ways that you can help support the life, ministry and work of the Sisterhood of St. John the Divine
- We always welcome your prayers.
- You can become a part of the ministry of the Sisterhood by volunteering at the Convent or at St. John’s House in Victoria. Come as a guest or invite the Sisters to come and preach or lead a retreat or quiet day in your parish.
- Or you can help us financially through donations to the Sisterhood. Many people remember loved ones and others that played an important part in their lives. Consider making a memorial donation to the Sisterhood in memory and in thanksgiving to God for the role these people played in your life.
- Over the years we have created various funds to support different aspects of our ministry. You might be interested in knowing about them, and where your donation might go if you have a particular interest.
- Capital Fund (for use for capital equipment and projects)
- Gardens and Grounds Fund (for use for landscaping projects and maintenance)
- Mother Dora Fund (for buying new books for the library)
- Music Fund (for support of liturgical and music development)
- Mother Hannah Fund (for support of our Infirmary)
- Guest House Bursary Fund (for support of our hospitality ministry)
- Founders Fund (for support of the future of the Sisterhood)
Here are some ways that you can make a donation to the Sisterhood
- Write a cheque made out to the "The Sisterhood of St. John the Divine," or write a series of post-dated cheques. Post these cheques to the Sisterhood of St. John the Divine, 233 Cummer Avenue, Toronto, ON, M2M 2E8, Canada.
- Donations by Visa or MasterCard can be easily arranged by calling our Fundraising Office at the Convent. Contact Sister Doreen in the Fundraising Office at 416-226-2201 ext 303 for help.
- Call Sr. Doreen, the Fundraising Director: phone 416-226-2201 ext 303, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Convent [see contact page] to make a donation of securities or to discuss other planned giving options. Consider a gift of life insurance or a charitable gift annuity.
- Remember the Sisterhood of St. John the Divine in your will or name the Sisterhood as your beneficiary in your Insurance Policy so that the important work of the Sisterhood will continue in the future.
- Donate online by simply clicking the “Donate” button on this page (above left). You will be taken to a secure site that is managed by PayPal, the world’s most trusted site for financial transactions. It is easy and most of all, it is a low cost convenient option for the Sisterhood.
- If you would like to support us monthly, we now have a Preauthorized Remittance (PAR) option. Download form here » or contact the Fundraising Office to request the forms necessary to enrol: phone 416-226-2201 ext 303, email email@example.com. It is an easy and convenient method to support the Sisterhood.
Please note: spending of funds is confined to board approval programs and projects. Each restricted contribution designated towards a board approved program or project will be used as designated with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or cannot be completed for any reason determined by the board, the remaining restricted contributions designated for such program or project will be used where needed most. Gifts of $10 or more will be receipted.
Supporting the SisterhoodThe Sisterhood of St. John the Divine is a registered charity. Our charitable donation number is BN 11925 4266 RR0001.